Saturday, October 29, 2016

Interview w/ Vivienne Vincent, auhtor of Dandelions


Vivienne Vincent grew up in a fairly conservative environment which ironically sparked her interest in unconventional subjects and romance novels. As a young girl she became interested in novels from the Victorian era as well as modern day romance. She is pretty much obsessed with British and American sitcoms and crime series. Look her up on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with her. She loves to hear from readers.

Thank you for joining us on Dane's Blog. First off, where did the idea for your novel come from?
Writing and publishing Dandelions will always be a bit weird for me because the story was conceived from the male protagonist’s perspective which I intend to write and publish after a few years.
 
How did you start writing?
It was the end of November 2014 and I started writing a diary in which I questioned everything I was taught when I was young. I don’t know how, but somehow, it turned into a full-length novel. After that, I started writing whenever I felt like doing it. I think that’s the way it will always be for me.
 
What does your writing process look like?
Writing seems to be a form of Freudian analysis. It’s like catharsis. I’m not a professional writer and I’ll never be one because I only write when I feel like doing it. The process is very random and sporadic.
 
Where is your book set?
Dandelions is divided into two parts. Book one is set in an imaginary land that exists only inside my head. In Book two, I have mentioned New York. But to me, setting is not really that important.
  
Are your characters based on real people?
Yes, all the characters in Dandelions are based on people I know. The hero, in fact the anti-hero, is modeled after someone I look at and wonder what it would be like if he had a conscience. All the characters in my next book are also based on real people.

Did you always want to write?
Never. I also didn’t know my writing will have a dark quality to it.
7. Which character is your favorite and why?
I don’t have one. All the characters are modeled after people I know and when I write, I simply try to understand them a little better.

What authors do you enjoy reading? Why?
I read a lot of non-fiction. When it starts to feel too much, I read contemporary romance.

What are you reading right now?
I’m writing these days and I try not to read while I write because I don’t want my work to be influenced by someone else’s.
10. Dog or Cats?
Birds.

What’s next for you?
I’m working on a novella. It’s women’s fiction. I really need to submit the manuscript but for some reason I keep putting it off.

Thank you again for joining us and good luck!

Dandelions

“There are no Rhett Butlers and Darcys in real life. Only Heathcliffs.”

An avant-garde romance that goes beyond sexual chemistry and digs deep into human nature and relationships.

Elizabeth Goodenough met Saber Fergus for the first time when she was eight and he was twelve. He broke her heart when she was eighteen. Ten years later, an unwitting mistake on Izzy’s part once again brings her face to face with the same one-night stand that once brutally crushed her.

But something seems different this time. Has her dark knight really transformed into a knight in shining armor, or is he playing her all over again?

Get it HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment